As the target audience is school going children, the best places to hit them are :
- Sports club
- Playing Grounds
- Sports shops.
Traditional games were not played by the target audience was because there are other international games which has won the hearts of people. But then I wondered why still in NID students play CHUNGI. Chungi game is not at all known to the mass but still here people play chungi and not their favorite international games. Why?
To get the answer to my questions, I interviewed some under graduate students.
- Earlier they always played Cricket, Football, Tennis and all.
- They did not know Chungi game before NID.
- They used to everyday see students playing it at Chai Gate.
- As the game was new, they got interested in trying it once.
- They got to know the rules from the members of the game.
- They joined the game to be a part of the group.
- Now, they find it interesting, so even after NID wherever they go, they will teach other friends and play there as well.
- They play for getting fresh and for getting some exercise.
- No teams, no competition but still fun.
- Through this game concentration, eye – leg co-ordination gets stronger.
- Now when I asked them their favorite games, Chungi is a part of it.
Favorite Games :
Why are these favorite games :
- Every one plays it.
- Every one knows how to play and even appreciates it.
- They have their favorite game’s idols.
- They find future.
- The games are to be seen around so have company to play them.
- They get competitive feeling.
- Facilities available around to teach these games.
Traditional Games :
- Kho Kho
Why they do not play these games now :
- They have heard, not played.
- They do not find it interesting.
- These games are not seen around so no company to play these games.
- Do not know rules.
- They do not find future.
- Lack of competition.